The 2nd CryoLand Dissemination Workshop, addressing mainly users of Central European, was held on 4 December 2014 in Innsbruck, Austria. After an introduction of the CryoLand consortium into the final versions of the CryoLand snow, glacier and lake and river ice products, and the demonstration of the usage of the CryoLand GeoPortal, users of various working areas presented the usage of CryoLand products for their applications.
23 users from Austria, Romania, Switzerland and Sweden participated in the workshop, and provided valuable feedback about the CryoLand products and services. The users JRC and MetOffice UK sent their feedback in form of presentations, given by members of the CryoLand team. Additionally, ESA was represented by Josef Aschbacher, giving an introduction into the Sentinel satellite series and their capabilities for future snow and land ice applications.
The presentations of the CryoLand consortium and of the User group are available for download:
Optionally, individual presentations can be downloaded as PDFs:
- Integration of CryoLand snow data into hydrological modelling (David Gustafsson, SMHI, SE)
- Experience and validation of snow products provided by CryoLand (Georg Raffeiner, HD Tirol, AT)
- Capabilities of satellite data for regularly updated inventories of glacier parameters (Bernhard Hynek, ZAMG, AT)
- Snow and glacier services for geotechnical and hydropower applications (Martin Fuchs, Pöyry Energy GmbH)
- Experience of the Romanina National Hydrological Forecast Centre in using CryoLand Snow services (Marius Matreata, NIHWM, RO)
- The use of satellite snow products in EFAS and EDO (Peter Salamon, EFAS & Jürgen Vogt, EDO, IT)
- Use of CryoLand snow products for spatial validation of an operational snow cover model at ZAMG (Marc Olefs, ZAMG, AT)
Some impressions of the Dissemination Workshop with users from Central Europe: